Friday, April 15, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

photo via
And so it begins... Jakub and I are going to wake up tomorrow morning and head out on the road with our good friends Zach and Shauna for what may rightfully be called my "Judgement Day."

My husband, being the sweet guy that he is, will be running alongside me making sure I make it out alive from this.

Zach and Shauna will be there for moral support, to document that I actually did something active in my life, and of course the trip to IKEA. I'm sure they really wanted to come because they had to see it with their own eyes that I am crazy enough enter myself into something this far out of my league.

Initially I entered this race so that it would be an "inciting incident" to getting into shape. While I have run several more times than I think I would have otherwise, I wouldn't say I'm in shape or anywhere near it. And though that may be the case, I am still so excited to be doing something so out of my comfort zone with my husband by my side and my friends cheering us on.

This is one step closer to moving past fear, trying something new and seeing what I'm really made of. To many people this race is probably just a joke, but I'm going to be prouder than heck when I cross that finish line.

So friends, next time you see me, you'll be seeing a warrior : )

p.s. Our wave starts at 12 pm on Saturday so if you happen to look at the clock around then and remember this post, say a little prayer because I'm gonna need all the help I can get! Have a great weekend!               

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...