Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's Just One of Those Days...

photo via

You know those days where you wake up and the air seems to be clearer, the birds are more chipper, and everything just exudes a certain amount of electricity that on other days you can't help but miss?! Well folks, today is one of those days for me! I think this is due, in part, to a few things:
  • I am truly enjoying my life right now, so much so that I have nearly stopped looking towards the future with anxiety (which is so unlike me). I've always felt a desperate need to know the direction my life was going in, but now I am basically giving up on that and just enjoying each moment and being aware of how each one is changing me into the woman I'll need to be in the future. 
  • At 23, my life is about learning to balance responsibility while maintaining youthfulness. I think not stressing about the future has given me so much time to realize where I am now and to really enjoy this stage in life. It's the first time where I actually feel my age and it's so nice! Taking advantage of every opportunity (and challenge) that comes my way, instead of worrying about the "what if's" in life has helped me to see life and love in a more beautiful picture than what I was used to.
  • After not having to be employed for the last two years, it was quite a shock to my system to have to take up so much responsibility for my family. There were so many moments that challenged my selfish nature, as well as my spiritual beliefs; it's been harder than I thought but it has also been so rewarding. I have a better idea of the kind of person I am and I'm so glad I wasn't given the opportunity to stay the way I was, because I know I would have; it would've been the easier road, but I would not know what I am capable of. There have been things each step of the way that I have been terrified of, and luckily each step of the way I have had to overcome those things. Living outside of yourself is the only way to really live, and I see that now.
  • I have been so inspired by everything around me lately and it has completely affected the thoughts that come into my head. I've loved watching my husband get inspired and experiment with new things. Seeing his excitement for things has given me a new sense of joy that I hadn't known before. We've had so much fun working with each other to make a life for ourselves that is completely unique to our tastes and beliefs. I see the kind of man he is and it just gives me so much hope. Life is an amazing thing and I can't seem get enough of it!

3 comments:

  1. so true! it is so hard for me to not worry as well: ) very encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very good again to look at life through your eyes! You are correct in enjoying all that's going on in your life. This is a precious time so savor it, enjoy it...there are always seasons in our lives, which I'm certain much more than the 4 we are acustom to. So, enjoy this time you are given so you can draw from these mountain moments and relive them in times when it changes. I think that's what the Lord wants us to do and with this blog you've started you will be able to go back and read and be encouraged by much you have seen or walked through.Keep on bloggin so we can all be encouraged!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when we take the time to become inspired from the world around us; I seem to junction much better when I do so!
    (And the picture is so precious)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...