Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

I think it's time I let you know how much I love gospel music, old hymns, and a good voice! To me, there's nothing like the truth that is in those songs. You can feel the passion, soul and desperation in those songs that I think are lacking in a lot of today's music. They speak of our very limited ability and the abundant grace that comes only from God. Every time I hear gospel music or old hymns, it sets me straight and pulls at my heart.

Today I stumbled upon a guy that is able to sing those hymns with just as much passion as I think they deserve. He also covers gospel songs and writes his own music. And he has a beautiful voice! I thought I'd share a few of my favorite videos with you!



This is probably my favorite hymn. It has so much meaning and history in my own life:



This song was sang at our wedding by my insanely talented and beautiful friend, Catherine. I love this version and it takes me back to those moments in the church:



I couldn't embed the video of the song he wrote, but click on the link to watch it, it's truly something special.

This is an old Aretha Franklin song and his rendition is just beautiful:



This song... man, this song gives me goosebumps:



I've realized I can't really narrow down what I like, so you're getting to see them all : )



And lastly, a sweet hymn:



He's quite the talented guy, don't you think?! I'm so glad God created people who have such a talent, it definitely makes the world a more enjoyable place. Just imagine if there weren't people with this gift! God is one creative guy.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Yes......I totally enjoyed this young man! Wish he had an album

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Phil Wickham song!! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Thanks for sharing the videos of this talented young man. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...