Sunday, May 8, 2011

We Make A Good Team

Jakub, Me, Craig--don't mind my crazy eyes please : ) and that last picture of me altogether
For those of you that don't know, this is like the three musketeers of dinners. The dream team, if you will. We have been doing private dinners and events together for about three years now and they have always been some of my favorite memories.

Not because of the food, but because of these two guys. (Who am I kidding, it's also because of the food!)

They have been with me through thick and thin, the good and the bad, and most certainly, my ugly moments. No matter how life changes (and there have definitely been a lot of changes lately), when we come together for these events, it's just like old times. I'm guaranteed a good 6+ hours of  quality time with some of my favorite guys, without any distractions--besides making food. But really, it's less of a distraction and more of a bridge.

See, we make a pretty good team. We've gotten in sync with each other from doing this over the years and it's not something we need to really think about; we all just do our part.We can go a while without doing a dinner and then come together and it run smoothly. That's something I don't take for granted!

Tonight we did an event for March of Dimes with three or four other chefs. Everyone made hors d'oeuvres for about 300 people and everything ran smoothly. It was held at the Metro Appliances building and each chef had his own kitchen to work in. The one designated for Jakub was finished just a few hours before we showed up and I wish I would've gotten a picture of it, because it's my dream kitchen!

This is what was on our menu:
48 hour sous vide short ribs with celery root puree.
Scallop ceviche with vanilla bean, tarragon, granny smith apples, and yuzu juice.
White truffle custard topped with creamed porcini mushrooms.
And toasted brioche with St. Andre's triple cream cheese and black currant gel.

If there's one thing my husband can do right, it's make beautiful food that's so good it makes your heart hurt haha. It's true though, I'm amazed at how talented he is!

We didn't get any good pictures, but here's two from tonight. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of the short ribs... That was the big hit of the night.


See what I mean? Craig and I have made a good team since 2006. That's pretty official.


Even though we can go a while between dinners and still get in sync, tonight reminded me that I've got to start being more purposeful with my friendships. I need to work harder to let the friends I love know that I love them. Life happens and circumstances change, but I need to let my friends know that I'm not going anywhere! We all have things that pull at us but no matter what, the friends that I hold dear, we're going to be together through thick and thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...